Triangle Speakers Training Events
The Diversity Center offers a wide variety of trainings to help educate and sensitize your team on gender and sexuality issues. Among our presenters are medical providers, mental health professionals, and policy experts.
We can tailor a training to meet your particular business or organization’s needs.
- Is your department wondering how to be more welcoming to your LGBTQ+ constituents?
- Does your medical office staff want to learn best practices in serving transgender patients?
- Is your congregation ready to have a discussion about where you stand on LGBTQ+ issues?
- Does your organization want to be more effective in reaching LGBTQ+ community members?
Some of the topics our past trainings have addressed include:
- Best practices for working with LGBTQ+ elders
- Best practices for working with LGBTQ+ teens
- Training for medical providers on transgender issues
- LGBTQ+ Cultural Sensitivity
Are you ready to Invite a Speaker?
Fill out this form and someone on our staff will be in touch with you. Not sure? To find out if our the Triangle Speakers program is a good fit for your organization, you can call our Coordinator, Lesley-Reid Harrison at 831-425-5422 x106 or email her at email@example.com
FIND OUT MORE
Please contact Lesley-Reid Harrison, Triangle Speakers Coordinator at (831) 425-5422 x106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re an LGBTQ+ community member or ally and are interested in becoming a Triangle Speaker - click here.
Presentation Fee: As of January 1st, 2016, The Diversity Center charges for Triangle panel presentations. The charges are:
- $50 per presentation for community organizations.
- $25 per presentation for educational institutions who are not a public K-12 school.
- $0 (free) per presentation for public K-12 schools.
We understand this cost may be prohibitive for some potential Triangle Speakers hosts, so The Diversity Center will also be making available a limited number of fee waivers for hosts who would like to have panels, but are unable to pay a fee. Anyone with an interest in a fee waiver please request it below.