Hours: 20 hours per week, Part-time position
Pay Rate: Based on experience
Organization: The Diversity Center
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Location: 1117 Soquel Ave, Santa Cruz
The Diversity Center seeks a Donor and Business Development Associate to assist the Executive Director and Board of Directors in securing financial resources through implementation of fundraising plans.
Skills You Bring:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree and 1-4 years of fundraising and/or business sales/relations experience;
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Strong skills in developing and refining Excel and/or GoogleDocs spreadsheets;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite, GoogleDocs and Salesforce preferred;
- Excellent people skills;
- Ability to manage and provide excellent follow-through on projects with many moving parts, and to set timetables and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to be a self-starter, motivated to seek out opportunities;
- Proven capacity for effective teamwork;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with diverse responsibilities;
- Ability and willingness to work occasionally on evenings and weekends;
- Knowledge of the philanthropic and business landscape of Silicon Valley as well as Santa Cruz County preferred;
- Working experience in Business to Business Sales Development a plus;
- Sensitivity to issues of cultural diversity;
- Interest in promoting the support of LGBTQ+ issues a must.
- Work with Executive Director to create the annual fund development plan, including sub-plans with specific activities and goals for business/corporate fundraising, major donor fundraising, event fundraising, and fundraising appeals;
- Research best practices, analyze the local markets, and make recommendations on strategies and tactics to improve fundraising achievements.
- Oversee and monitor implementation of the fundraising plans, ensuring that fundraising activities are progressing and fundraising benchmarks are being met;
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Fundraising Committees to cultivate and develop donor and business relationships;
- Establish and ensure maintenance of all aspects of fundraising databases and spreadsheets, including regular data entry and report production;
- Monitor and report on achievement of benchmarks;
- Implement donor and sponsor acknowledgements;
- Maintain and revise fundraising materials;
- Work with staff and the Gala Project Manager to coordinate and meet goals for the solicitation of items for raffles, prizes and gifts for the Gala and smaller fundraising events;
- Make some of the direct asks for sponsorships and donations and help obtain some of the larger auction and raffle items;
- Act as project manager for the smaller fundraising events including those at The Diversity Center, in private homes and public venues;
- Help conceptualize, develop, distribute and post on-line communications materials related to fundraising such as quarterly fundraising appeals and the Annual Report; Assist the Executive Director in grant writing and reporting as needed;
- Represent the Diversity Center at events and programs.
About the Diversity Center:
The Diversity Center is a community center serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) community of Santa Cruz County. We offer a variety of programs and services providing outreach, education and support to the LGBTQ+ community and our allies. Our mission is to build an equitable community where LGBTQ+ people thrive. Our annual budget is $420,000 and our staff is 6 FTE. More information at www.diversitycenter.org
Employee Benefits: Flexible schedules and working off-site for part of the workweek are possible.
Note: We are simultaneously seeking applicants for the position of Communications Coordinator at 10 hours/week. If you would like to be considered for both positions for a total of 30 hours/week, please put DONOR AND COMMUNICATIONS POSITION APPLICATION in the subject line of your email. Employees with a 30 hr/wk schedule receive health benefits.
Send resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com by Feb. 3 to apply. In subject line please put DONOR AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE APPLICATION. Only Word documents or PDF files will be accepted.
Contact Sharon Papo, Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 831-425-5422x101
The Diversity Center is an equal opportunity employer.