Hours: 10 hours per week, Part-time position
Pay Rate: Based on experience
Organization: The Diversity Center
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Location: 1117 Soquel Ave, Santa Cruz
The Diversity Center seeks a Communications Coordinator to assist the Executive Director and staff in implementation communications plans.
Skills You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with marketing/communications major. plus 1-2 years of marketing/communications experience;
Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills;
Proficient in use of social media promotion
Proficient in use of Squarespace preferred
Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite and GoogleDocs;
Excellent people skills;
Ability to manage and provide excellent follow-through on projects with many moving parts, and to set timetables and adhere to deadlines;
Ability to be a self-starter, motivated to seek out opportunities;
Ability to make sounds recommendations for improvements to systems and projects;
Proven capacity for effective teamwork;
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with diverse responsibilities;
Ability and willingness to work occasionally on evenings and weekends;
Sensitivity to issues of cultural diversity;
Interest in promoting the support of LGBTQ+ issues a must.
- Work with the Executive Director, consultants and program staff to promote Diversity Center campaigns, programs and events through print and electronic media, and create annual and project-specific communications/marketing plans;
- Oversee timely implementation of the communications/marketing plans;
- Help conceptualize and implement new communications materials and new communications outreach methods;
- Help identify and produce graphics and photos for communications efforts;
- Help conceptualize video projects;
- Keep up to date on LGBTQ+ and communications market research and make recommendations for improvements to our communications/marketing efforts;
- Monitor and report on communications benchmarks.
- Maintain the Diversity Center website using Squarespace;
- Maintain the website Calendar and on-line fundraising systems;
- Prepare and distribute the bi-monthly eNewsletter;
- Conceptualize and write short communications/marketing pieces;
- Provide event announcements and postings and monitor postings by others on social media platforms;
- Help the Executive Director prepare the annual report and other key publications;
- Implement tasks to increase the reach of our various communications efforts.
About the Diversity Center:
The Diversity Center is a community center serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) community of Santa Cruz County. We offer a variety of programs and services providing outreach, education and support to the LGBTQ+ community and our allies. Our mission is to build an equitable community where LGBTQ+ people thrive. Our annual budget is $420,000 and our staff is 6 FTE. More information at www.diversitycenter.org
Employee Benefits: Flexible schedule is possible.
Note: We are simultaneously seeking applicants for the position of Donor and Business Development Associate at 20 hours/week. If you would like to be considered for both positions for a total of 30 hours/week, please put DONOR AND COMMUNICATIONS POSITION APPLICATION in the subject line of your email. Employees with a 30 hr/wk schedule receive health benefits.
Send resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 3 to apply. In subject line please put COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR APPLICATION. Only Word documents or PDF files will be accepted.
Contact Sharon Papo, Executive Director at: email@example.com or call at 831-425-5422x101
The Diversity Center is an equal opportunity employer.