Classes will be on six consecutive Fridays, May 18th-June 22nd, from 1:30pm-3:30pm at the United Way of Santa Cruz County 4450 Capitola Road Suite 106 Capitola, CA 95010. Pre-registration is required. There is no fee for this class and as a thank you, you will receive a $25.00 gift card.
New WISE (Wellness Initiative for Senior Education) class now forming to begin in May! Here is what your peers are saying... "I have grown ever wiser, with new directions built upon a collective world of experience!" "The topics were all very good...the most valuable part was being with one another and sharing!"
Are you 60 or older and looking for an opportunity to learn how to stay healthy, have fun, and meet new people? We are seeking 10-12 participants for our next WISE class session. Join us, and bring a friend! This educational program offers six lessons that cover a wide range of topics. Join us for this fun and interactive program, where you’ll:
• Learn about the aging process and how to make healthy lifestyle choices
• Celebrate this exciting stage of life and all the benefits that come with it
• Discuss risk factors and behaviors you should avoid to stay healthy
• Examine how alcohol, prescription medications and over-the-counter medications affect seniors differently and how you can avoid problems
• Learn how to use simple tools to help you feel more empowered about your health and the healthcare you receive
Free refreshments and giveaways are yours for participating in the program!
*The use of the United Way/First 5 Conference Room does not imply the United Way or First 5’s endorsement or approval of the non-profit groups’ activities or actions.
For more information, call Steven Matzie, 60Plus Senior Program Coordinator, at 831-425-5422 ext. 108 or send an email to 60Plus@diversitycenter.org