Through experiential activities and guest speakers, participants will unlearn the gender binary model and its limitations. Participants will learn about the experience of transgender and gender non-conforming children at different developmental stages and the challenges they, their families and their schools face today.
Based on the Adlerian principles of mutual respect, belonging and significance as essential for thriving in life, the series will explore how to:
• Listen and unconditionally support all children regardless of their gender identity and expression
• Respectfully challenge gender stereotypes children learn early in life
• Create caring, respectful and gender inclusive atmosphere in families, classroom and school community for all children to thrive.
• Learn and understand the changing language and definitions of sexuality and the gender spectrum
• Gain experience with Positive Discipline concepts and tools to increase communication and respect for the gender and sexuality journey
• Hear other parents who have experience supporting their child in the process of becoming who they are.