Position: Business Engagement Specialist
Hours: 10 hours per week
Organization: The Diversity Center
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Reports to: Executive Director
About the Diversity Center:
The Diversity Center is a community center serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) community of Santa Cruz County. We offer a variety of programs and services providing outreach, education and socialization to the LGBTQ+ community and our allies. Our mission is to enhance lives and promote fairness for LGBTQ+ people in Santa Cruz County.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
1. Sponsorship Management
- Create and maintain relationships with local businesses/sponsors
- Functions as the primary liaison between The Diversity Center and the Business Community
- Ensure sponsorship benefit fulfillment
- Procure in-kind donations as needed
- Oversee Database Updates for sponsors
- Edit and stock promotional materials as needed
- Contact businesses for Directory sales
- Ensure people with ads and listings get their information uploaded
- Ensure users have easy experience
3. Business Committee
- Coordinate and work with volunteers on sponsorship requests
- Coordinate Professional Mixers
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- Past experience in sales
- BA preferred.
- Two years work experience required
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, teamwork orientation, and ability to motivate wide range of people.
- Sensitivity to issues of cultural diversity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and with all levels of staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to organize time and tasks in order to meet deadlines.
How To Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 15th. Please include Business Engagement Application in your subject line. Only Word Documents or PDF files will be accepted
The Diversity Center is an equal opportunity employer.