Position: Bookkeeper / Administrative Assistant
Hours: 17 hours per week
Organization: The Diversity Center
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
About the Diversity Center:
The Diversity Center is a community center serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQ+) community of Santa Cruz County. We offer a variety of programs and services providing outreach, education and socialization to the LGBTQ+ community and our allies.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Support center’s financial processes (coding for banking, facilitate check distribution, processing
- payments, bank deposit, invoicing, run donation acknowledgement letters, etc) Maintain and run reports in Salesforce database
- Run reports for executive director and board as needed
- Oversee Diversity Center Office Administration including ordering office supplies, provide reception duties (phone, greeting visitors, etc), mail pick up and distribution, etc
- Schedule weekly staff meetings and take/disseminate minutes
- Manage bulk mailings
- Support development efforts
- Support of reception volunteers as needed
- Help with volunteer coordination as needed
- Support programming and reception as needed
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- Microsoft Office, Mac, and strong Quickbook experience;
- Experience with financial records & filing;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work with a variety of people from very diverse backgrounds;
- Previous administrative assistant or related experience;
- Database experience;
- Ability to work independently and in a team, in a high-volume, open-office environment, with frequent interruptions.
The position is 17 hour per week with no benefits. Occasional work at events on evenings and weekends.
How To Apply:
Send your resume via email to email@example.com by June 3, 2016
The Diversity Center is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people of color, and people of diverse gender identities to apply. Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
The Santa Cruz Lesbian and Gay Community Center is a nonprofit tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, Doing Business As (DBA) The Diversity Center.