TITLE: Program Coordinator
SCHEDULE: 6 hours per week (Paid)
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
AGENCY: The Diversity Center
AGENCY MISSION: The Diversity Center is building an equitable community where LGBTQ+ people thrive.
60PLUS PROGRAM VISION AND MISSION:
Vision: Local LGBTQ elders are thriving. All elders on the Central Coalst are honored and celebrated for who they are. Senior service providers are fully and publicly welcoming of the LGBTQ community. Local elders feel comfortable being “out” and accessing all community services. A result of this welcoming community will be no more health disparities between LGBTQ elders and the general population of elders.
Mission: To develop opportunities for social and recreational activities for LGBTQ seniors to enhance their quality of life; to support and educate community senior service providers and policy makers to fully integrate the needs of LGBTQ seniors in their policies, programs, and advocacy; to collect information on the unique needs of LGBTQ seniors in our county; and to put in place processes and persons to help meet the most urgent needs
To oversee the mission work of the 60Plus Senior Program
Duties will include:
· Coordination of 60Plus events throughout the year: Five bimonthly luncheon socials (summer hiatus) with educational, informational or entertainment programs following lunch.
· Oversee six Senior Women’s Socials in alternate months between the luncheons.
· Oversee six Senior Men’s Socials in alternate months between the luncheons.
· Coordinate 60Plus Volunteer committee
· Respond to all phone and email requests for senior information and referral assistance.
· Oversee social media outreach to isolated LGBTQ seniors.
· Work with TDC website point person to update all senior web site pages and resources.
· Help 60+ participants feel connected to the Diversity Center overall.
· Promote 60+ events through mailings, social media, etc
· Ensure all grant objectives get met and evaluated within the grant timeline.
· Work with staff and volunteers to maintain the 60Plus database.
· Maintain good records for the program.
· Represent The Diversity Center & the 60Plus Senior Program at least 3 times per year at Senior Roundtable meetings.
· In collaboration with TDC staff, efforts will continue to secure sponsorships for 60Plus luncheons throughout the year.
· Work with TDC Executive Director as needed on creating grant objectives for funding requests.
· Represent the 60Plus Senior Program when attending various City Council and County Supervisor budget. meetings, requesting new and continued support for our elder LGBT citizens.
· Coordinate with TDC Executive Director the acknowledgement of 60+ donors and funders.
· A passion for supporting LGBT elders
· Works well independently and as part of a team
· Excellent interpersonal skills and sound judgement
· Bilingual preferred
· Related experience providing program development
· BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university preferred
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated organization skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications preferred
· Strong organizational skills
· Experience with social networking sites preferred
· Has a positive attitude
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Oct. 25th. Please include 60Plus Program Coordinator Application in your subject line. Only Word Documents or PDF files will be accepted